[ribbon]How our program works in schools[/ribbon]
- Principals select students whose attendance and school performance need improvement and designate teachers from varying disciplines.
- Classes meet once a week during the school day.
- Given a scripted curriculum, teachers impart investment fundamentals that reinforce mathematics, reading and social studies skills.
- Teaching tools are workbooks, textbooks, research and quizzes on the dedicated webpage.
- Students record their weekly attendance and quarterly grades on the SIF website and check investments on personalized portfolio pages.
- Perfect weekly school attendance and improvements in mathematics and reading grades enables students to “earn” SIF dollars used to purchase publicly-traded company stocks.
- The potential earnings are $80 a year.
- Investments accumulate during three years. When ‘graduating’ from middle school, students continue tracking their portfolios on-line and can make stock trades once a year.
- When graduating from high school and turning eighteen, ownership of stock transfers to students’ names.
[ribbon]Student Earning Potential[/ribbon]
|How Do I Earn Stock?||Total Possible Per Quarter||Total Possible
|Perfect attendance including the SIF class earns $1 each week.||$8 to $10 (depending on the number of weeks)||$36|
|Perfect attendance for an entire quarter, earns $1 bonus.||$1||$4|
|Improving your reading grade earns $2.||$2||$8|
|Improving your math grade earns $2.||$2||$8|
|Reading grade at A or A- earns $3 or $2 for a B+, B, or B-.||$3||$12|
|Math grade at A or A- earns $3 or $2 for a B+, B, or B-.||$3||$12|
|Total Possible Earnings = $80|