COVID-19 has changed our world in a matter of months, in numerous ways big and small. At SIF, we were unable to hold our signature annual fundraiser, March Market Madness, in this our 20th anniversary year. Instead, we held an informative virtual discussion: COVID-19 and Living in a World of Risk, with a group of illustrious panelists who will share important and timely information concerning the coronavirus pandemic. The virtual event took place on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, at 7:00 P.M. and is just one way that we are working to raise the approximately $40,000 that was anticipated from March Market Madness.
Experts in the fields of medicine, mental health, public health, and government addressed a variety of topics including vaccine development, identifying pandemic hot spots, keeping mentally fit during this strenuous time, and learning best practices for using protective gear.
Our Esteemed Panelists:
- Supriya Munshaw, PhD senior lecturer at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- Margaret Daniele Fallin, PhD, Chair of the Department of Mental Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Anton T. Dahbura, PhD Executive Director, Johns Hopkins University Information Security Institute and cybersecurity expert at the Whiting School of Engineering
- Ana Maria Rule, PhD, Assistant Professor, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Kirsten Koehler, PhD, Associate Professor, Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Maryland Senator Melony Ghee Griffith, District 25, Prince George’s County
- Dr. Rameen Molavi, Board-certified Internist who’s been in private practice for more than 20 years
Moderator: Jeff Salkin of Maryland Public Television will serve as moderator of the discussion and Q&A session.
We would like to thank all attendees for continuing to support Stocks in the Future during this time.
We also thank our presenters tremendously for generously donating their time.